The freezing rain started to fall at around midday today, heralding the start of a winter storm which we have been warned about over the last few days.
It looks really pretty in that picture!
Following our last ice storm and how caught off guard we (and the city) seemed to be as a result of it - we are well stocked up here and ready to brace this bad boy! Schools have now been cancelled and it seems we will be hunkering down for a few days of hibernation.
We kicked off the start of our storm adventure this afternoon with home-made Madeleines and hot chocolate, a very lovely combination!
I hasten to add that this very picturesque image was shattered but 30 seconds later by PJ Boy dropping his (luke warm) hot chocolate all over the floor followed by some soon-to-be-mushy Madeleines!
"If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth." 1 John 3:17-18
Its been a whole week since we arrived home - I can't quite believe that!
Jasper was indeed very happy with our return and stayed close to us enjoying extra cuddles all week. Maddy was able to start school on Monday morning following an early trip to the enrollment centre to get all of the bureaucratic nonsense done to get her back into school.
Mr. B has started his new job and looked very dashing on his first day in his very formal trousers and shirt.
Joshua and Me have been hanging out this week - being very hermit-like and staying close to home, which is exactly what I plan on doing today also.
There has been some gentle, intermittent crafting and 2 new dolls are almost finished along with a new knitting project. I am liking this pace right now, oh for it to continue this way!
The postcards from England should have officially stopped by now, well 5 days ago to be precise. You see, we were meant to be back in Tulsa now - Kiddies back at school, Jay in a new job - however, sometime things just don't go quite to plan!
After paperwork for our visa applications were delayed and held up in the States, the domino effect hit us full force - and we are still in the dark as to when we will be able to return to the US.
I must admit, I have not allowed myself to fully think through the situation yet. We have already discovered Maddy's school has effectively kicked her out for having over 10 days out of school and we will endeavour to try and re-register when we do finally return! (and pray they have a space open in her current class)
I am thinking this is where faith comes into play - faith that all this is happening for a reason, faith that it will all work out, faith that we will look back on this one day and think "I understand now...."(or perhaps not)
Faith that this is all part of the plan - and for now, that is the only thing which is stopping me from pulling my hair out!