I shared this photo of a little montage I put together on Facebook a few weeks ago and was asked for a breakdown on how to do it. So, I have finally gotten around to it!
I wanted to put together a collage of our holiday so picked up the shadow frame from Michaels when it was 40% off. I already had some items in mind to put in the frame, but I wanted to figure out how to put our photos into writing (without forking out $40 on computer software to do it for me)
So I started to play around with Word and I sussed out how to do it...
1. Start off with a blank document and go to the 'Insert' tab - select 'WordArt'
2. Enter your text (Note that if you want a different photo for each letter, you will need to do this whole process with each letter separately)
3. When text is entered you can resize it by dragging it and dropping it within the Word document
4. Highlight text and rightclick, go to 'Format WordArt'
5. Next to the color option is a button called 'Fill Effects' select this and then select 'Picture' tab
6. Select a photo from your computer and click on 'OK'
7. Select the Line section, select the color tab and choose 'no color' and 'ok' (this will remove the black line from around the word)
There you have it! Photo in a word!
Some points to remember would be that if your photo is in the wrong position of the word/letter - you will need to format it before, it cannot be dragged or resized within word.
You could also use the 'shapes' tab to drop pictures into shapes in the same way: