Another non-sewing related finished project, I am on a roll this week!
There are still a good few drawers in this house, that were filled temporarily when we very first moved in - and have never really been organised. 2 drawers in the lounge were a living testament to this, both filled with a messy jumble of Maddy's hair accessories. Yesterday, when hunting through them for a simple pink bow, i'd had all I could take - they needed sorting.
I have been meaning to make Maddy a simply bow organiser for ages, something to hold a few ribbons that we could clip her bows and clips onto, it just never happened. But motivated by my need to sort and organise I remembered a frame I picked up for a few dollars at a flea market.
My original intention with the frame was to staple chicken wire to the back and hang it in the playroom where we could peg different artwork to it, but all of a sudden it seemed perfect for this new task.
I went ahead and stapled chicken wire to it and ran two ribbons down the right side to clip all the bows/clippies onto.
Little hooks (from Lowes) were screwed down either side to hold Maddy's necklaces and bracelets
and I used plastic hooks from ikea to hold other hairbands and accessories.
I covered a large 'rolled oats' container in pretty scrapbook paper and hung it with a ribbon to hold all of the headbands neatly
and used some larger steel hooks from Ikea to hand her purses and hats. The little lady was incredibly pleased with her newly organised hair accessories and enjoyed helping me hang all of her items! and I now have 2 empty drawers in the living room which can be filled with something more appropriate!