Organisation continues in this house, a little spring cleaning. Part of that involves continued help from my newly motivated children.
Eager to continue along this line of motivation (and make sure they know this change is not fleeting) I spent the last few days coming up with a magnetic chore chart. One that can change with our needs and be added to.
There is plenty of chore chart eye-candy on pinterest and after finding a sheet of 10" x 24" metal at Lowes, I decided to try and make my own. I sprayed the metal with a white primer and then used my cricut machine to cut the words onto vinyl.
After attaching the words, I coated the whole thing in a clear polyurathane varnish to make it more durable. The discs are just wood discs from Hobby Lobby (25 pack for $2.99) with magnets hot glued to the back (50 for $6.99)
I added the colour coding so that the kids would know which tasks had to be done each day (blue) and those that could earn them a little more pocket money (white) the deal is that all the blue tasks have to be completed by the end of the day in order to any extra chores they have done.
So far the kids are following it well. It is a week today that the new chores have been established and I am happy to say the change has been very positive!