Its done...its quilted, bound, washed and already in action in the lounge after 4 years!!
I ended up quilting by stitching in the ditch of the outer border::
and then quilting around each bat and individual character in their block::
Its been such a long time in the making, part of me is just so pleased to have it done::
and another part of me doesn't want to look at it for a while!!
I made a label for the back, using my embroidery machine. I then framed it with candycorn fabric and hand stitched it on::
It is bound with a halloween print from JoAnns. Hand sewing on the binding is one of my favourite parts of the whole quilt-making process. It seemed fitting that I sat sewing the binding on Thursday night, whilst watching Project Runway!
Although this quilt has been a complete labor of love, I know that in a few weeks I will be ready to start another applique project again. In fact I have already contacted my local quilt store to see if they may be getting any more Sue Garman 'block of the month' projects in. I already have my heart set on this one for a certain little man back home in England!
Linking up to: